Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Yes and Yes Sir

Ok,

so,

Just a quick note while we are here spanning time.

I just got back from Todd's and he reminded me that Tay-lo is coming in tonight for T'giving. Now unlike Christmas gifts, or Valentine's Day flowers, Thanksgiving feasts tend to happen over a smattering of days instead of only on the day itself.

At least that is how it is in a place like Nashville where there are so many people who are from elsewhere and choose, like myself, to put off the trip home 'til Christmas.

With that said, I had my first T'giving feast on Saturday night with the extended Marino family. They always have the best Thanksgivings because they always have an italian feast that just so happens to include a big turkey.

So, to get your taste buds ready for Thursday I finish with the menu from Saturday night:

Wine, cider, beer, water, coffee

Antipasta: roasted peppers, green and black olives, various hams, salamis etc., bread and three kinds of cheese

Soup: Italian Wedding Soup

Homemade fettucine in red sauce with meatballs and pork spare ribs.

Turkey and roast beef, stuffing and mashed potatoes.

2 pies, 2 birthday cakes cookies and more coffee...and more wine...

(Bonus feature: Renee's turkey soup lunches this week! :) )


Happy Holidays eveyone! I know that seems cheesey to people and there are a lot of reasons to be critical of "Christmas in America," but I'm not talkin' bout that.

In the words of Jim Morrison "I'm talkin' bout love, love, love, love, love!"

Only the humble are redundant in their adoration.

Be humble in your sleepy hands on this world.

Be a Killer in Heaven.

Joe Nolan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home