Saturday, December 17, 2005

Kong!

"Poor Kong got killed," that's what D just said, sitting on my couch knitting and watching Iron Chef.

Sais parfait, n'est ce pas?

We just saw "King Kong" and it is now 2 in the morning.

The good news is the movie is really good.

The bad news is that it goes a little too far a little too often and I agree with most critics who have cited the 3 hour running time as a weak spot in the film.

I won't say a whole bunch to spoil it for those of you who are still planning to see it.

It is a great movie and the winter in New York showdown makes it sort of feel even more like a holiday film.

Whatching Adrien Brody running down broadway in an overcoat, slipping in the snow, I could've sworn it was Jimmy Stewart.

Merry Christmas Bedford Falls!

Also I have to revise my "best CD of 2005". Although the Lucero CD is that rarest of beasts - great rock 'n roll record - my favorite release of the year is the Silver Jews new album.

"I had a friend named Marc with a c/
His sister was like the heat comin off/
the back of an old TV"

It don't get much better ladies and gentlemen.

In the meantime, if you'd like to support this site please check out the music on the jukebox and buy a CD or 2 for Christmas.



Love, Joe Nolan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home