Friday, March 24, 2006

Snakes and Adders

Ok,

so,

Pims Yo!

Well last St. Pat's was interesting to say the least.

It really got off with a bang...er...a slither....

D and I were up very late on the 16th cooking for our big party on the 17th. Around 2 a.m. - actually already St P's day - I was washing dishes while I fried the Scotch eggs - the stew was already prepped for morning - suddenly I realized their was a 20 inch long garter snake coiling up on the counter next to me. It took me a few moments to really come to grips with the fact that there was a snake right next to me.

Just then D got up from where she was frosting the Irish flag cookies and - after a quick survey of the situation...a snake on the counter...a pan full of scalding grease on the stove...a six foot redhead barreling down on me in the wee hours of the morning...all colliding in the too-close-for-comfort confines of a tight kitchen - and I turned to her raised my hand with authority and spoke willfully from my diaphragm - "Baby....there's a snake!"

She stopped in her tracks and was immediately wide awake.

In the moments that followed she ran ahead to open the door as I executed my best Crocodile Hunter grab-a-snake-from-behind-near-the-head and moved through the house out to the porch where my reptile companion went spiraling through the air in a frantic choreography that seemed to respond to D's last minute scream.

Now this all seems like an unusual tale and a fun story with some unusual happenings that have little in common with the inconsistencies in the official story of 9-11 or receiving a Hotel Restaurant Management Degree. But the implications are vast and supernatural.

Only the humble can handle vipers in the night.



Be humble in your sleepy hands on this world.
Be a killer in Heaven.

Love, Joe Nolan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home