Wednesday, April 02, 2008

All The Things That I Will Give To You

Love and happiness to us all, every one.

Bless you my brothers and sisters, and bless the spirits that have taken me to a new mind with which I seem to be able to correspond more regularly from this digital plateau, here in this too-bright place.

Wanted to share this brand new song I just wrote yesterday. I am currently involved with Tony Doling and Todd Greene - from the band Bulb - on a new project. We have formed a band called Drone, and we are recording a project currently known as Honeycom(b)a.

I have been collaborating with Todd, sending him odd bits of lyrics every morning - nearly.


Resuming this discipline has really focused the songwriting and yesterday this cool new one arrived. This piece is much more straight Joe Nolan, and will surely make the cut on my next collection (we'll see).


All The Things I'll Give To You
When the stars in the sky
Fold their arms and die
And the moon begins to cry
Its milky dew
I'll catch every tear
And I'll gather them right here
With all the things that I will give to you

When the bird finds its song
No longer belongs
Amidst the clatter-smashing noisy blue
I'll add every note
That melancholy martlet wrote
To all the things that I will give to you

All the things I'm leaving in the morning
All the things I'm giving you tonight
After all the times I left you without warning
I'll give you all these things and still not make it right

When the mountains lose the sun
On their failing falling run
To the bottom of the ocean's jealous hue
I'll praise every peak
In every word I speak
About all the things that I will give to you

When the breeze finds it bears
More than its fair share
Of the strain on every sail that's sailing through
I'll place every wind
From every shipwreck they've done in
In a tin, with all the things I'll give to you

All the things I'm leaving in the morning
All the things I'm giving you tonight
After all the times I left you without warning
I'll give you all these things and still not make it right

(Fin)

Also be sure to open this browser-based player and preview my entire new - 12 song - CD "Blue Turns Black"

These songs will soon be available for downloading, so stay tuned.

Love,
Joe Nolan

Open this browser-based player and preview Joe's entire new CD "Blue Turns Black"

Listen to Joe's music here!

Support this site! Buy Joe's Music! ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something in the air! Creative juices flowing! My poem:

These are the eyes that once took me home—
eyes that have been emptied of their joy,
cracked and spilt like soft-boiled eggs
when all the yellow life-goo runs down the side
dripping sticky to the woodwork of the table.
How hard I have tried to scrub that spot clean!

Are these not the eyes that once
flashed dark to me with piercing secrets?
Eyes now blank like a junkie’s,
eyes that can no longer meet mine
eyes that have lost their darkness
but were not replaced by light

Your eyes are now the eyes of road-kill:
bulging, vacant, dead raccoon eyes
of someone who has not slept and will not sleep again.
“There is no rest for the wicked,” Isaiah says, and you know.

These are the eyes that could never ask for forgiveness,
for behind them, the brain is cloudy
and there is a chance it might storm.

I could look into the eyes of anyone but you,
For forgiving you is my white whale

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Joe, you are just another slacker from Michigan. Hope you are having a good time in Nash-Vegas. Hit me back sometime.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home